Friday, October 1, 2010

Balsamic Shrimp and Cabbage

I have been trying new things to "mix up" some flavors with my George Foreman grill for my lunches. This is a quick grab and its super easy and delicious!

Ingredients
(1 serving)
100 grams of shrimp, so like 1/4 lb with the shells removed (Shrimp are HIGH in protein- 20 grams per serving)
1-2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
1 cup of chopped cabbage (I like bigger chunks)


Directions
I have a microwave veggie steamer. They are very cheap and I use it all the time. You can get them at Target or Walmart for around $10. Its just a tray and cover that you add water and veggies too. I microwaved (steamed) my cabbage for a few minutes.

I cooked the shrimp on my George Foreman Grill (with the shells removed).
I put them ontop of the cooked cabbage in a bowl and added a pinch of garlic powder and sea salt. Then I added the Balsamic Vinegar on top of the shrimp and cabbage. You wouldn't think that shrimp would taste good with the vinegar, but I loved it! I've been doing lemon or garlic or cilantro/lime with my shrimp...etc... so this was a nice little change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment