Monday, September 27, 2010

Garlic Lemon Chicken and Strawberry Balsamic Salad

This was really flavorful and delicious!

I measured (raw) 100 grams of chicken (so a little more than 4 oz, about 1/2 of an average size chicken breast).

Garlic Lemon Chicken

Ingredients
1/2 of a chicken breast
lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cloves of garlic chopped
fresh ground pepper
fresh ground sea salt

Directions
* Combine seasoning and ingredients and grill on the good old George Foreman Grill


Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
7-9 strawberries (i used frozen)
1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cloves of garlic
fresh ground pepper and sea salt
5 drops of clear/plain *stevia drops

Directions
blend above in a food processor and refrigerate

Salad
1 1/2 - 2 cups of chopped Romaine Lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
1/2 cup tomato, chopped
4-6 strawberries sliced
a small handful of pine nuts (optional)
a bunch of cilantro (about 1/4-1/3 cup) chopped
(2)Melba crackers or (1) Melba toast crunched up like croutons


*stevia drops are a dieters dream. It's sweetener that is 0 carbs and calories. You can find many flavored ones and regular ones at a local health food store or online at Amazon.com
*Melba toast is found in the cracker isle at local grocery stores. It's also known as Melba crackers. You can get many flavors. I love the garlic and I usually crush 2 crackers up for my salad

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren! I have a suggestion for a great dessert to go with this dish - banana sorbet. I make this nearly every night, and you can use any type of frozen fruit you have (I sometimes toss in frozen peaches or mangoes).

    I cut up a banana before freezing it overnight. Then I just put it into my food processor with a little bit of almond milk (you can use soy milk or regular milk) - maybe half a cup. Blend and enjoy - the texture is exactly like ice cream, but you're getting a large serving for only a small portion of the calories. I've even added some powdered peanut butter (I use PB2) and it's delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these recipes look good. I think next time dad and I come up we will be losing weight if we let you do the cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vanessa! I will try that, it sounds wonderful! I bet you could also add a few drops of Valencia Orange Stevia and it would be delightful too!

    ReplyDelete